Wednesday, June 3, 2009

So many good things...

...Aren't there just so many good things to do that sometimes it is hard to know what you should be doing? I was just thinking that looking at my blog (and how empty it is).
On the topic, I have decided to quit teaching voice and piano lessons after July. It's a great thing, and just a couple of hours a week, but it leaves me stressed on some days. I feel like I could be doing so many more good things enjoying my baby. I went back and forth trying to decide, because I really do love teaching! This week has been a real confirmation (blessing) because I have had a lot of students out of town and have really enjoyed the non-stress week with Cadence. I will continue to teach some once-in-awhile lessons (I teach voice to my brother once a month).
Someday I will take up teaching voice again. Right now, I love performing in my kitchen (while I cook or do the dishes) to my little 5 month old! He is definitely my biggest fan. He always stops what he's doing and stares at me, followed up with a huge smile at the climax of the song! I just have to stop and laugh sometimes. I tell him often that I went to school for 4 years so I could learn to sing him lullaby's. In some ways, it's very true.
Being a wife and a mother is the best part about my life. Why would anyone choose anything else? I believe that when anything gets in the way of your family, it's not really worth it. Everything should support and sustain family. Everything you do should bring family closer together. When I remember those simple things, all of the sudden it's much more clear what good things I can do without.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I hear you! I'm not sure that I will be able to teach after I have this next baby. Celia has been good about playing for the hour that I teach but I'm not sure about the future. I'm proud of you for choosing family first, good job. You're an inspiration always. Love you.

Austin and Amy Smith said...

The Lord is blessing me with so many other creative outlets. I do have some voice students (older) I teach once a month, Austin has started "taking", and I'm the primary chorister (have been wanting to try my hand with the elementary ages).