...with Parenting magazine! I have enjoyed perusing the mag since my pregnancy days int he dr's office, and we have gotten a couple free issues since Cadence was born. Though there are some helpful articles (vacation tips, recipes, etc.) that I enjoy reading, I can no longer recommend the magazine to my friends, let alone keep a copy coming my house.
What is so disgusting? Frankly, I never saw a magazine entitled Parenting to be one that I would recommend someone go to for tips on how to pleasure there husband. Or one column in particular that encouraged couples to view pornography together! I mean really! Isn't it supposed to be about Parenting? Not to mention the fact that they are destroying their audience (the family.. or is that their audience?)
In addition, many of the articles I read brush so quickly over being a stay-at-home mom, if they touch on it at all. The magazine seems more directed towards people who are working parents.
All-in-all, the magazine is not for chaste, happily married, religious, stay-at-home moms who believe in the sanctity of marriage and the sacredness of marital intimacy (yeah..not for me).
As for the cool recipes, exercise tips, or parenting related issues, I think I can find my elsewhere.
(In case you were wondering, I made sure that Parenting knew how I felt about their magazine. I don't want to read a magazine like that, but I definitely DON'T want that kind of magazine in the society I live in either. Make a stand for values!)
No comments:
Post a Comment