Monday, May 18, 2009

Did you ever....

... start thinking what would happen if you die? This is not meant to be a morbid question. In a state of deep pondering this morning, I started wondering what my families life might be like if I was no longer here on earth. I felt very sad and then all of the sudden, determined to live my life differently. I've always heard people say "Live each day as if it's your last", but until today, I didn't understand how to do that. I resolved to get frustrated less often, to spend more time being "yellow" (I often speak in code - the Color Code - so if you don't understand try reading the book), to love a little bit more, complain less, smile more, and to let more things just be. Why is it that we so easily fall into thinking that without us the world will fall apart? The best realization for me was that - it wont'! Sure there will be sadness (but thinking of that just made me realize how much my family loves me), but it definitely will not fall apart. They will find a new way of living and keep moving forward. That is what I would want for them (moving forward does not mean forgetting. In fact, remembering is the reason to move forward). Think about it truly for yourself sometime. What would you do differently if today was your last?

1 comment:

Brittons of Provo said...

I really enjoyed this post. I actually think about that quite a lot. Not in a morbid way, just in a, "what do I need to do to prepare them" kind of way. Also, what do I need to do to prepare myself. My mom died when I was 17. As hard as that was, I can look back now and see how it affected my life positively in some ways as well as the obvious negative ones. I am so grateful for the gospel that teaches us that this truly is a just a stop on the road to eternal life.