Saturday, June 18, 2011

Even Bath Time is Educational

Toys R Us a cute little birthday club. Your child can come into the store and get a free balloon and they give you a free $3 to use in the store (plus more, but that's all Cade and I cared about). While there is not a whole lot worthwhile that's $3, I told myself that if I got something about $6 it would at least a half off!


So in March, (though Cade's bday is in January, we didn't end up getting there until the $3 almost expired) Cade and I wandered the store and finally scored this fun little item - soap crayons!
They come with a cute little sponge to help them wipe it off and containers to hold the crayons so they "last longer". While the sponge doesn't do the best job (still had to hit it with a magic eraser occasionally) and they fell out of their little containers within about a couple baths, it was still so fun to play with!


We had a great time learning letters, practicing colors, and playing with shapes! Not to mention fun little messages time and again for the people that I love. I'll be buying them again, but on the look out for a more quality product.

2 comments:

Shalae said...

Great idea! Glad to see you posting again. :)

Austin and Amy Smith said...

Shalae - I have so many posts to add it's unreal! I think it's because I had a bunch I didn't get to before our Kory came at the surprise time and I've learned so much from being a mom of two! Trying not to overwhelm myself with all the posts... :)