Monday, April 6, 2009

I have learned...

...a lot in the last few weeks. I've had a few hard-to-get-over bumps. They come together in three words - "who am I?" Sounds like a dumb question and after 24 years of living you'd think I would have already figured it out. Yet I realized today that I am always gaining a new awareness, not just of who I am, but who am I to become. I think this enlightenment comes from trying new things, sometimes from giving up old habits, but most recently from learning to embrace instead of cower from my most recent glimpse into my potential. Deciding and implementing a new active role in becoming that person has caused me to win a small victory in the lifelong battle.
Long term goals are so important. Trouble for me sometimes comes in those seemingly insignificant steps that get us there. Am I happy with what I am given today? Am I achieving something worthwhile now?
At the same time, I am not always afforded foresight. The door to faith then opens. The closer I am to the Lord, the more I will learn about myself. It is like Him I am trying to become. He knows me so perfectly.
The cycle continues. It is a delicate balance between feeling accomplished & seeing how much more is left to do; in living in the moment & looking forward to where you are going.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I had my own little awakening too this weekend. I was having questions and doubts and it was wonderful to have them answered at conference. And the cycle continues...