This month my husband and I celebrate 5 years of marriage. Time flies! Things are even better now than they were when we were first married. I just had a flash-back to our first weeks of being married, reading through the 5 love languages book. We'd read a chapter once a week and learn about how we could better love each other. While I don't agree with everything they say, nor recommend it hands-down against other marriage/love books, I did appreciate that it gave us a means to discuss our marriage.
The flash-back was fun and I learned something about marriage. Needs can change over time. It's important to keep communicating them your marriage. After taking the test again, I laughed about the happenings of our life and how they've influenced my love-language. I'm sure they'll continue to change over time. I'm grateful we make time to talk about our marriage and how we can improve. I'm grateful we take time to plan loving each other.
If you are interested in the 5 love languages or if you haven't taken the test in awhile, venture over there for a date night sometime with your spouse! It can give you a fun laugh and provide a way for you to communicate your needs. Just a small, but important step on the road of "happily ever after".
No comments:
Post a Comment