Monday, February 23, 2009

I finished reading...

... Solve your child's Sleep Problems by Dr. Richard Ferber. It's a great resource book for all sorts of sleep problems. I found it very informative as to the general nature of sleep itself. I think it's going to help me be less tired too!! However, it does not give a specific schedule to keep your child on, or very much information for the first couple weeks of life. I have trouble thinking of what to do for a bedtime routine, or setting a particular schedule. Still, despite that one need it did not cover, it is an excellent book. I've heard it's pretty controversial, but though myself the book was very straightforward! A must read for every parent! I want it in my library.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I enjoyed this book as well and found it very useful. As far as developing a consistent schedule and a night time routinue. . . I would suggest not trying too hard. Within the next couple of weeks Cadence will most likely develop his own schedule of when he is tired and when he is ready to be awake. Follow his lead - he will teach you what is best. For bedtime do whatever makes you happy and helps him be quiet. I have some friends who have a very strict routinue and others who don't have a routinue at all. Ethan, John and I do something different every night. Sometimes we go for a walk. Sometimes we swing in the hammock. Sometimes we read stories and sing primary songs. I have found that the things that help me be happy and relax often help Ethan settle down as well. In all honesty, our schedule changes a little bit each week so who am I to walk about consistency!?!